Here comes a time when we all have an idea for a website, we set it up and then…we never have time to work on it. There also comes a time when you realize you don’t have the passion you once did, and instead of just letting it die, you want to find a new caretaker for your once beloved website. So, what do you do when one of these situations happens?
Image Credit: HindustanTimes
Well, it’s time for you to look into selling it off but then comes the question of where to do that. We’ve collected five of the best options for you –
- Flippa.com – Has the most websites for sale, over 8,700 and also has the largest number of buyers, over 800,000 are registered to buy websites and domain names on Flippa. Flippa comes with a simple interface, a super powerful search feature, the option to upgrade your auction, they charge a small listing fee $9-$19, with a 10% success fee. What makes Flippa stand out from the pack is their trust and verification features, like phone number verification and verified Google Analytics traffic stats, which helps boost average selling prices.
- BuysellWebsite.com – BuySellWebsite specializes in established and start-up websites. Established websites cost $59 for a 2-week listing, or $99 for a two-month long listing (with a free one-month extension, for a total of three months) that includes being featured on the front page. Start-up sites cost the same but don’t include the front page featuring.
- Forum.DigitalPoint.com – A forum for all types of web development that allows you to post a site for sale as long as you have been a member for at least 14 days, do not have a reputation in the red and have a minimum of 25 posts throughout their boards.
- Talk.iWebtool.com – A forum dedicated to everything about developing your own websites and domain names. It also has an active sales area for selling domain names, sites, scripts and more.
- WebsiteBroker.com – WebsiteBroker allows you to sell both domain names and complete web sites. Web sites can be listed for 90-days for $9.95, or $29.95 for a premium listing that gains you extra exposure. Domain names have similar auctions priced at $9.95 for standard listing and $14.95 for premium. There are no commissions charged on completed listings.
What are your favorite Places to list Websites for sale? Please share a link in the comments below if I have left out a popular resource. Best of luck with your Website sale!