Interviewer frequently asked questions about digital marketing are SEO, SMO, PPC, Search engine optimization, on-page, off-page, Google algorithm, Analytics, etc …. However, it may differ from agency to agency. Here I have curated most commonly asked questions about digital marketing and relation online marketing techniques such as search engine optimization. Hope this will help to pass SEO interview question answer fresher trying to jump in the SEO industry.
Here are the 10 most Asked SEO Interview Questions Answers from Fresher Candidates.
SEO means Search Engine Optimization. SEO is the practice of optimizing content to be discovered through search engines’ organic results. It is also called an organic search result.
There are two types of SEO.
1.BLACK HAT ( Wrong method)
Black hat SEO is a wrong practice against search engine guidelines it used to get a site ranking higher in search results or make visible in early pages of the search result. These unethical tactics don’t work or solves your problem or higher in ranking and often end up in penalty from search engines Companies.
2.WHITE HAT( Right method)
It is a practical method of optimizing the page with the usage of optimization strategies, techniques and tactics that focus on a human audience opposed to search engines and completely follows search engine rules and policies.
3.GRAY HAT (moderated practice)
Grey Hat SEO is the practice of using technically legal methods to improve your site rankings, but which are ethically dubious, and could one day become blackhat. Think of it like legal highs
Meta tags are data or information that describe a page’s content; the meta tags don’t appear on the page itself, but only in the page’s source code. Meta tags are essentially little content descriptors that help tell search engines what a web page is about. The search engine displays a preview webpage data from the meta-information in the search engine result page.
Tips: This SEO question more often interviewer asks
if you are a fresher and non-technical person going for SEO interview keep in mind that answer briefly what thy ask and also don’t forget to mention your blog in your CV.
A search engine is a software system that is designed to collect, store and provide web information it is like a library of information accessible to everyone. And its functionality is based on the algorithm.
Top search engines are like:
Keywords are words or phrases people type in search engine query box to find information.
There are two types of Keywords:
1. Short tail Keywords
2. Long-tail Keywords
Question #6. What is some Onpage SEO Activity?
On-page SEO is the most basic level, is the practice of optimizing your site’s pages and posts. That includes both content and under-the-hood code.
Primary OnPage SEO activities are:
1.Title: foremost, you want to have your focus on keywords in the title of your page. Should be small and catchy, the characters should not more than 50 or 70.
2. Description: The Meta description tag is the 160 character snippet used to summarize a web page’s content. Search engines sometimes use these snippets in search results to let visitors know what a page is about before they click on it.
3. URL Structure: An SEO-friendly URL structure is the following things: Easy to read: Users and search engines should be able to understand what is on each page just by looking at the URL. Keyword-rich: Keywords still matter and your target queries should be within URLs
4. Heading Tags (H1 to H6): Organizing Content with Headings, HTML offers six levels of heading tags, <h1> through <h6>; the higher the heading level number, the greater its importance — therefore <h1> tag defines the most important heading, whereas the <h6> tag defines the least important heading in the document.
5. Alt tag: The alt attribute is the HTML attribute used in HTML and XHTML documents to specify alternative text is to be rendered when the element to which it is applied cannot be rendered.
6. Content Quality: In SEO, refers to search engine optimization, or the process of optimizing a website so that people can easily find it via search engines like Google. By “content,” we mean any information that lives on the web and can be consumed on the web (more on the various types of content below).
Related Article: What are Question and Answer submission in SEO?
Google’s algorithms are a complex mathematical formula or instruction written by their computer engineer into their system/ search engine program software used to retrieve data from its search index and instantly deliver the best results for a query. The search engine uses a combination of algorithms and numerous. Google uses over 200 algorithms/formulas and keeps changing and updating to provide accurate and relevant results to the end-users.
Some Popular Google Algorithm Change are:
A website audit is a full analysis of all the factors that affect a website’s visibility in search engines. This standard method gives a complete insight about any website.
Types of Website Audit:
Anchor text is a visible and Clickable text on any Web address/URL Anchor text that should be below 60 characters from an SEO point of view and anchor text is divided into three types.
1. Exact match anchor text: It is the same keyword highlighted as the targeted keyword of a web page.
2.Branded Anchor Text: when you use your brand name in the anchor text.
3. Spammy anchor text: It has no relationship to the original website.
Final Conclusion: The interviewer can ask any question and it can be a different company to the company and also sometimes it depends on the person interviewing you if he or she is from the HR department or the technical department. so be you, don’t try to over show and answer what you know. Try to go through SEO glossary to maximize the change of your answer, acceptance, and selection in SEO interview question answer as a fresher.
Led Instructor online digital marketing trainer, a consultant and an affiliate marketer with over 8+ years of experience View Course Details if you want to grow your business online or want to learn digital marketing online from anywhere.